The A Team
Building with personality.
We invite you to get to know the A team, a group of fun-loving professionals who bring passion and dedication to every project we undertake. Our people and relationships are what set us apart in the construction industry. We take pride in the diverse talents and personalities that make up our team, and we are excited to share our story with you. So grab a coffee, take a seat, and let us introduce ourselves!
Jacob Riney, Leed AP, CHC, EDAC
Chief Operations Officer
Executive Vice President
Chief Financial Officer
Director of Business Development
Christie Hendricks, CCMP
Director of Marketing and Culture
Director of Preconstruction
Mrs. Overly Competitive
- My hometown is Denison, Texas.
- The item I can’t live without is my infrared sauna.
- My favorite meal is lobster with a side of lobster.
- A passion I have yet to act on is art lessons.
- The best advice I’ve received is the golden rule – treat others as you want to be treated.
- As an entertainer, my entrance song would be Hustlin’ by Rick Ross.
- The part of my job I enjoy the most is building relationships with amazing people inside and outside of Abstract.
- My hometown is Rock Island, Illinois.
- My favorite meal is tacos with plenty of chips and salsa to start.
- A passion I have yet to act on is pottery.
- The best advice I’ve received is that what others think about you is not important; what you think about yourself means everything.
- As an entertainer, my entrance song would be I Like It by Cardi B.
- The part of my job I enjoy the most is bringing people together to create a strong brand that everyone can be proud of.
The Money Maker
- My hometown is Rantoul, Illinois. I was born there and got to Texas as fast as I could.
- The item I can’t live without is sugar. My sweet tooth is huge, but I am working on keeping it at bay.
- My favorite meal is Hutchins BBQ sliced brisket.
- The best advice I’ve received is to work harder and smarter than the person next to you! Someone will notice!
- A passion I have yet to act on is hunting big horn sheep in the Yukon.
- The part of my job I enjoy the most is finding ways to make extra money on bids.
- My hometown is Princeton, Texas.
- The item I can’t live without is Topo Chico.
- My favorite meal is sushi.
- The best advice I’ve received is to stay calm and think before you react to any situation.
- A passion I have yet to act on is cooking.
- If I could make a guest appearance on a TV show it would be Game of Thrones.
- The part of my job I enjoy the most is the people. People and what motivates them have always been a piece of my job that keeps me coming back every day.
Queen of All the Answers
- Native Texan here! I was born in Dallas, raised in Garland, and currently residing in Frisco since 2004.
- The item I can’t live without is coffee!
- My favorite meal is medium rare steak, loaded baked potato, and broccoli with a glass of cabernet.
- This is so cliché, but my mom always engrained in me that I could do anything I put my mind to. Growing up as a girl in the 70s during the women’s movement, she always ensured I could do anything a boy could do. Also, don’t sweat the small stuff
- A passion I have yet to act on is learning how to play the drums. When I was a girl, I wanted to be Sheila E.
- As an entertain my entrance song would be Brown Eyed Girl by Van Morrison.
- The part of my job I enjoy the most is the people I work with, from the employees to the trade contractors. People in construction are so down to earth. Being in this business so long, I’ve met many life-long friends.
Head of the Engine Room
- My hometown is Tulsa, Oklahoma.
- My favorite meal is pinto beans, fried potatoes, and onions with cornbread.
- My entrance song would be Super 8 by Jason Isbell.
- My favorite sports team is the Dallas Stars.
- If I could make a guest appearance on a TV show it would be The Daily Show.
- The best advice I have received is, to be the person you tell yourself you are.